Sunday, April 24, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 04-23-2022: Editing, An Hour at The Lounge, Green Curry Dinner

1.  This afternoon, I read and made some marks on a piece Diane T. wrote for the newsletter for the Shoshone County Mining and Smelting Museum. It's a detailed accounting of the 1972 Sunshine Mine fire and its aftermath. She wrote it to help commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the fire. Her accounting of all that happened over the ten days from the day the mine began to fill with smoke until the two survivors and last victims were accounted for haunted me all evening and all through the night. 

2. Debbie, Gibbs, and I delivered my edits of Diane's article to her house. Debbie and Gibbs stuck around. Gibbs likes playing with Diane's dogs and Debbie and Diane yakked for a while. I paid the Inland Lounge a visit and enjoyed drinking the Champagne of Bottled Beers and ordered a shot of Pendleton's delicious 1910 Rye Whiskey and immediately decided that it is the liquor I'll buy for our Sazeracs Monday night when we have family dinner. I had fun yakkin' with Cas, hearing great poker stories from Ron DelCamp, and talking fantasy baseball with Ginger -- Ginger and I are head to head opponents this week in Silver Valley League 2. (It was, by the way, a great day for Ginger as her squad opened up a 90+ point lead over my team heading into Sunday, the last day of our match up.)

3. Back home, I went right to work fixing Debbie and me a green curry. I chopped up white onion and a couple russet potatoes, got some frozen broccoli and green beans out of the freezer, and combined curry paste, coconut milk, brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, basil leaves, and dried kaffir lime leaves and cooked it all until the onion and potatoes were tender. I served the curry sauce over jasmine rice. It all worked perfectly and rounded out our busy and productive day with culinary pleasure. 

No comments: