Thursday, April 28, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 04-27-2022: Sending Out Forms, Bagel Lunch, Relaxing with Rye Whiskey

1. A small step for me (walking into the Post Office), a giant step for the KHS Class of 1972: I mailed out a bunch of registration forms to classmates today. More went out by email. I got started sending out invitations to 1972 KHS teachers to join our celebration. Oh! There are more tasks, more mailings, more searching for contacts, but today's mailings moved things significantly forward.

2. After going to the Post Office, I dropped into the Bean, hankering for a bagel. I hadn't had a bagel with lox, cream cheese, capers, and onion for a few months. Just I was about to step boldly to the counter and make my order, I thought Debbie might like some kind of bagel lunch, too. She did. I brought home our lunch -- mine on an everything bagel and hers on a plain.

3.  Sending out forms, trying to find more contact information, and fielding requests from classmates about how they'd like their registration form sent to them did not tax me. 

Nonetheless, I drank a couple of short pours of Pendleton 1910 Rye Whiskey over a very few small ice cubes as if it did. 

I was relaxed when I poured the rye whiskey and even more relaxed after sipping it.  

No comments: