Friday, April 22, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 04-21-2022: Breakfast in Meacham, Matinee Beers, A Great Steak Dinner

 1.  Ed, Mike, and I piled into Mike's Camry, left the valley Pendleton sits in, and climbed up to Meacham, OR and enjoyed a solid breakfast at the Oregon Trail Store & Deli. 

2. Back at the resort, I got caught up on my blogging and met up a little later with Ed and Mike in the sports bar for a couple of Budweisers. My plan had been to meet Colette at 3 o'clock in Pendleton at Grain Growers. Sadly, a co-worker of Colette's is ill and Colette had to cover for her. She tried and tried to work out a way to get away, but couldn't swing it. So, instead of meeting up with Colette, I spent time reading and relaxing in my room.

3. When we go to the Wildhorse Resort, Mike, Ed, and I always have a steak dinner at the resort's Plateau Steak House. I don't remember the house manager/main hostess's name, but she always remembers us when we dine there and she came by our table at least three times to chat and make sure everything was good with our meal. Patty, our server, was a delight. She had a good sense of humor, enjoyed kidding around with us, and served us our food and drinks with efficiency and good cheer. Our steaks, as always, were delicious and the sautéed mushrooms and creamed spinach I ordered as sides to my steak were the best I've ever eaten. I enjoyed a gin martini to start and we split a superb order of carrot cake and pineapple sorbet as a dessert. 

We left the table satisfied and happy! 

No comments: