Friday, February 3, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 02-01-2023: Lightroom Tutorials, Appointment Errors, Nixon's Resignation

1. I continued to watch Lightroom videos and I'm still not clear on this question: if I edit a picture from a folder on my hard drive, do the changes automatically get saved on my hard drive file or do I need to do something to replace the old file with the edited one? 

2. I think one of the doctors, or a staff member,  from the transplant program at Sacred Heart read "Kennewick" instead of "Kellogg" when ordering my heart tests. I got two calls from Richland today to schedule tests I already have scheduled in CdA. These calls threw me for a loop, but all's well that ends well. The Richland employees canceled the orders, I don't have to go to Richland (ha!), and my appointments in CdA are still in place for February 21st.

3. The last episode of Slow Burn was fascinating. It focused on what became known as "The Saturday Night Massacre" when President Nixon wanted Archibald Cox, the special prosecutor, fired and his Attorney General, Eliot Richardson and Richardson's deputy, William Ruckelshaus, both refused to do it and resigned. Robert Bork, the Solicitor General, agreed to Nixon's order and soon the FBI occupied the Special Prosecutor's office. The story got even better when Nixon appointed a new Special Prosector, Leon Jaworski, and Jaworski turned out to be as determined as Cox had been to make the White House release the tapes Nixon had recorded while conducting business in the White House. Eventually, the question of releasing the tapes went to the Supreme Court and the court unanimously ruled that Nixon had to turn over the tapes.

Nixon's term of service was doomed. 

    

No comments: