Friday, February 17, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 02-16-2023: Recycle and Walking, Walking for Medicine, Party Time with Debbie

 1. In my compulsive effort to keep the garage uncluttered, I gathered up beverage cans, plastic jugs and bottles, and newspapers, sprang into the Sube, and bolted to the recycle station across the road from the medical center and put everything in its proper spot. 

I coupled this trip with my determination to reestablish a walking routine and walked from the medical center parking lot to the high school parking lot and back again and finished by walking around the circumference of the the hospital lot. 

2. I'm wanting to do a beneficial amount of walking, but not overtax my ill conditioned body. Not long after I returned from my first walk, Yoke's pharmacy texted me that I had pills ready to be picked up. So I piled back into the Sube and darted to the Trail of the CdA's across the street from The Beanery. I walked from this spot down to State Street, turned right on Bunker, and entered the Yoke's parking lot from the south. I purchased my medicine and completed my walk by strolling south on Hill and turning right on Railroad and leaping back into the Sube.

3. Friday is not a day of instruction for Debbie, but it's an online professional development day and she can complete the tasks required of her from home. 

So, Debbie and I partied in our mild old people's way. We enjoyed a few tastes of liquor.  I drank a bracing cup of hot chocolate spiked with dark rum and then enjoyed a few sips of straight rum out of my chocolate lined mug. 

We talked about the near future, the unknowns (my kidney situation), our house, Debbie's employment future, and other topics. We punctuated some of our discussion with lines from All the President's Men and I brought up the movie online and played Jason Robards' greatest hits from the movie. Then, as if we were putting music on, we decided to put the movie on again and we continued our party. We stayed up late. We drank. We talked more. We focused on favorite scenes from the movie ("Howard, they're hungry. Remember when you were hungry?"). 

Before long, of course, we ran out of steam. Debbie hit the hay. I let Copper and Luna out and fed them some wet food. Soon, I sacked out, too, and Copper and Luna joined me. 

No comments: