Monday, February 27, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 02-26-2023: Pillowy Snowflakes in Kellogg, Mini Charcuterie, Hoosiers Rip Off Rockford's BBQ Grill

1. Pillowy snowflakes fell for a few hours today. I was going to wait for a break in the weather, but decided, instead, to shovel our walks before it piled up much more. It was a good workout and, as it turned out, my timing was decent. Before long, the clouds parted for a while, the shone, and the sidewalks were clear.

2. I will be Monday's cook for family dinner and I think I bought everything I need at Yoke's today. Before the Yoke's stop, though, I dropped by Beach Bum Bakery. Good news! Beach Bum had baguettes available. I purchased a couple. It turns out that when Debbie ordered last week's Hello Fresh box, along with the two dinners she ordered a small pack of prosciutto and mozzarella cheese. They paired perfectly with the baguette Debbie sliced and we enjoyed a light dinner.

3. We watched one episode of The Rockford Files this evening and it was a doozy. We marvel at the big messes Jim Rockford entangles himself in episode after episode and tonight the big mess involved a stolen diamond, violent negotiations for its return, a family from Peru, Indiana seeing the USA in an RV, and the family's son ripping off Rockford's barbecue grill. 

Wild.

The bad guys learned by the end, never never ever tangle with Jim Rockford when he's behind the wheel of any vehicle -- whether he's driving his Firebird or an RV! 

No comments: