Friday, February 24, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 02-23-2023: Vet Visit, Hello Fresh Again, Columbo and George Carlin

1.  I hauled Luna and Copper, despite their protests, to the veterinarian today for their annual check up. They got a nail trim. Logan, one of the techs, and Dr. Cook both removed a bunch of the knots in Copper's fur. I won't know until Monday the results of their blood work. I learned that Luna has a heart murmur. This combined with her slight loss of kidney function and her brief brush with diabetes all point to Luna showing her age. She's about fourteen years old. Copper is younger and seems to be doing well.

2. Back home, I prepared our next Hello Fresh meal, spinach ricotta ravioli in a vegetable sauce. It was simple to make. I peeled strips of zucchini until I got to the seeds and chopped up the core. I chopped a tomato and some scallions. I zested and quartered a lemon.

At the same time, I brought a pot of salted water to a boil and dropped the raviolis in and slow boiled them for about five minutes.

I heated some oil is the cast iron pan and cooked the vegetables, seasoned with Italian seasoning, for a couple of minutes until tender. I poured a packet of vegetable stock and a quarter cup of pasta water in with the vegetable, stirred them, and added sour cream and butter. 

The sauce was soon thickened and then I put the zucchini ribbons in the pan followed by the raviolis.

I cooked all of this at a low temperature for a couple of minutes, topped it all with Parmesan cheese and the scallion greens and dinner was ready to eat.

It was a good meal and one that I think I could prepare on my own now that I've done with the help of Hello Fresh.

3. Debbie and I returned to Columbo tonight for our evening of relaxed television viewing. Trish Van Devere played a television producer who thought she'd perfectly planned the murder of her ex-lover. But, she couldn't outfox Columbo! 

I closed out the night by watching over an hour of another one of those YouTube videos focused on one guest's repeated appearances on either or both of David Letterman's show.

Tonight, I watched George Carlin from 1984-1992. 

Great stuff. 

No comments: