Saturday, February 4, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 02-03-2023: Gratitude, Taxes and Suspension Rods, Great Harvest Bread for Dinner

 1. On Friday morning, I posted a summation of Debbie and my visit to the Kidney Transplant Center at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. 

All through the day, friends and family responded with supportive sentiments and emojis, prayers, best wishes in my deliberations, insight into transplantation itself, an understanding of the thorny nature of the decisions I'll be making, appreciation for Debbie being with me in the discussion I had scheduled, encouragement about the excellent quality of the transplant team I'm working with, and some sound advice.

All of this positive response strengthened my efforts to remain calm, deliberative, and hopeful. 

Thank you. 

Everyone. 

2. The last W-2 form I'd been waiting for arrived today and I have the taxes ready to e-file on Saturday. In addition, Brock arrived today with four new suspension rods for our washing machine and it should keep the machine from rockin' and rollin', from shakin' and bakin', a great aid to the machine spinning properly. 

3. I might have mentioned yesterday that while I was in radiology and at the lab on Thursday, Debbie rocketed all over Spokane's South Hill, including a stop at the Great Harvest bakery on S. Regal. Tonight, I fixed myself a grilled Havarti cheese sandwich with bacon, using Great Harvest's Farmhouse White bread and I made Debbie a bacon and tomato sandwich on toast, using Great Harvest's Asiago Sourdough bread and we loved every bite. 

I first ate Great Harvest bread about 35 years ago in Eugene. I hadn't eaten any for several years and tonight I enjoyed a rush of great memories associated with not only Great Harvest's bread, but with the stunning blueberry muffins I used to buy on occasion at their bakery on Willamette St. 


No comments: