Sunday, March 5, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 03-04-2023: Photographic Inspiration, Inside Pictures of The Lounge, Exterior Pictures of The Lounge

1. I admit it, readily. I have not found much inspiration for taking pictures since I moved to Kellogg. I hope I can break out of this funk, but, I readily admit that I miss having places like Eugene, the Univ. of Oregon, Washington, D.C., and other places to go to where I could blend into the environment and take street photographs, including my old holding hands series. I miss the ponds of Eugene and Maryland and Virginia. I miss the foliage of Eugene and the DC area. I miss walking with my camera in New York City. 

But, today, I began to get reacquainted with my camera. Tim O'Reilly asked me to take some pictures for him at The Lounge. I did that. I managed to snap a few pictures of Gibbs. If Copper and Luna could be out in the living room and kitchen during the day, I'd love to take pictures of them. I might get some late evening snaps in the near future, but I find the rooms where they spend most of their time lousy environments for photographs.

So, now I need to look at the pictures I took today, edit them, send the ones Tim requested to him, and, if all goes well, post some shots here on my blog.

2. I snapped the interior shots at The Lounge before it opened. Once I finished, I hung around for a couple of hours, drank some gin and orange juice, yakked with Bob, yakked with Nathan, and had a relaxing time. 

3. Once outside, I took a few pictures of the neon cocktail glass perched above The Lounge. Later, I returned after having some dinner and I tried to take a picture of the The Lounge's outside sign. I couldn't get it -- especially because I needed to stand in the street and it was busy enough uptown that I decided to wait until Sunday morning. My plan is to return, hoping that things are quieter, and snap an exterior shot or two. 

No comments: