Monday, March 6, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 03-05-2023: Quick Photo Shoot, The Kellogg Bakery World is Growing, My First Hours on Lightroom

 1. I sprang out of the house this morning and blasted uptown, hoping no vehicles would be parked in front of the Inland Lounge's outdoor sign. It was my lucky Sunday morning. I had a clear shot and grabbed a photo. I have a handful of photos of The Lounge and my next move is to edit them and send them off to Tim, hoping they will be what he wants.

2. Before I loaded up on groceries at Yoke's, I stopped in at The Beanery for a delicious blueberry scone and a pint sized double latte. I sat at table near a window and enjoyed how peaceful things were in The Beanery and how quiet they were in Kellogg. On my way out the door, I bought a baguette from The Beanery for the first time. I enjoyed chunks and slices of it later in the day and it's heartening to know that baguettes are available, maybe only on certain days, at both The Beanery and The Beach Bum Bakery in Kellogg and at The Goose and Tree in Pinehurst. Yoke's has baguettes that are baked off site and they are good, too, but I sure prefer the ones made by our local cooks and bakers. (Another bakery in Kellogg, Soul Essentials might have baguettes. I know she has Focaccia and that she, like Beach Bum, does a lot with sourdough.  This is a home-based bakery and on certain days she sells baked goods uptown at Positive Practice Store. One day I'll either pop up to her pop up store uptown or make an order by phone or electronically.) 

3. Today I subscribed to a month of Lightroom and I'll see over the next four weeks if it works for me as a way to edit photographs and store them. My first hours on Lightroom today wore me out! I figured out a few basic things and I edited a picture, but I have a lot more learning to do and I'm wondering if with more practice I might become more efficient. I'll keep practicing, reading, and watching tutorials and hope that the questions I have get answered, helping me decide whether to stick with it or look for another program. 

No comments: