Thursday, March 30, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 03-29-2023: Getting My Toe Examined, Improved Mobility, Creepy *Columbo* Episode

1. I met with PA Mark Smyly today. My toe had improved so much that he mostly had to go by my description of what my toe has been like the last two weeks. As expected, he thought it was gout, but we agreed that whatever has been going on, it's getting a lot better and so I decided not to get a prescription for Prednisone, but will get back in touch with him if the inflammation flares up again, either now or in the future.

2. Because my toe felt much better and my mobility is improved, I was able to load up the Sube with stuff to take to the transfer station and recycle it. I was also able to load our two cars' summer tires into the back of the Sube so we can get the winter tires off on Thursday.

3. Debbie and I continued our Columbo viewing in the evening and, I have to admit, I was caught off guard by how different and creepy the episode we watched turned out to be. Columbo's nephew married a model and after the ceremony and reception, a man obsessed with the the bride kidnapped her. The nephew was a police officer, as were some of the wedding guests, and Columbo went right to work organizing them, recruiting help from downtown, and leading the investigation into who the kidnapper might have been. 

So, the creepiness of the kidnapping and the kidnapper was offset, for me, by watching Columbo snap right into the role of a leader, get the investigation organized, and spearhead some superb detective work. 

No comments: