Thursday, March 23, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 03-22-2023: Epsom Salt Soak, Bagel Desire, Listening to a Holistic Veterinarian on *Fresh Air*

 1. It's difficult to tell what helps my toe, but I do know this: once I figured out that I could use a canning pot for foot soaking, it sure felt good to soak my foot for a while in warm water and Epsom salt.

2. If I could change anything in my immediate world, here's what it would be: Beach Bum Bakery would sell bagels daily rather than once or twice a week! This isn't a complaint, just a way of saying that on Tuesday I bought a bag of three sesame sourdough bagels and ate the last on today with cream cheese, salami, and tomatoes and wished I could go right back to Beach Bum's little trailer on Bunker Ave behind the Furniture Exchange and pick up some more. 

Oh, well.

I'll just wait until Monday (or Tuesday).

3. I lay in bed late this evening and listened to a Fresh Air broadcast. It featured Dave Davies interviewing Dr. Karen Fine, a holistic veterinarian who has just published a memoir entitled, The Other Family Doctor: A Veterinarian Explores What Animals Can Teach Us About Love, Life, and Mortality

I thoroughly enjoyed this interview, especially as Dr. Fine talked about why she devotes so much of her time to making house calls, how she treats animals with a combination of western and Chinese therapies, and what her views about euthanizing animals are. 

If you'd like to listen to this broadcast, it's easy to get to! Just click here



No comments: