Sunday, March 12, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 03-11-2023: Elks Spaghetti Feed, EveningCap at The Lounge, Crossword and a Unique Episode of *Columbo*

1.  Late this afternoon, the Elks opened its doors for a fund raising spaghetti feed to raise money for their building and its maintenance. Ed swung by and picked me up around 4:00. We arrived, snagged a table, each popped open a beer, and while we were yakkin', Jake, Carol Lee, Tim, and Cindy strolled in, joined us, and we had a great time together. Carol Lee and Cindy bid on some items in the silent auction. The spaghetti was exceptionally tasty, along with the garlic bread and salad. 

I sure enjoy feeds -- whether it's a crab feed, pork and apple feed, mostaccioli feed, or any other feed, I enjoy the food, company, and the nostalgia -- remembering chili feeds, oyster stew feeds, and others that were held in Kellogg when I was a kid.

2. It was mandatory that once we'd finished our dinner at the Elks, we crossed McKinley Ave and piled into The Lounge. Ed, Jake, Carol Lee, Tim, Shannon, and I seized a table by the fireplace and continued yakkin' about all kinds of things, including the beauty and fascinating history found on the East Coast, television programs we enjoy, our histories with different churches, and all kinds of other topics. 

As always, people were merry at The Lounge and was a splendid way to wrap up our evening and return to our respective homes early -- I was home shortly after 7.

3. Debbie and Gibbs spent the evening at Diane's and they were out when I arrived back home. I opened the bedroom door so Copper and Luna could come out into the living room and kitchen and wander around. Luna immediately leapt onto my chest and by my side and eventually they both curled up on our sofa and tried out other spots. The Sunday New York Times crossword was available online this evening and I started the relaxing process of working it out. 

When Debbie and Gibbs returned, Debbie and I yakked for a while about her visit with Diane and then we decided to watch another episode of *Columbo*. In this episode, Columbo really met his match when the co-publisher of a men's magazine goes missing. Columbo is certain she was a murder victim and a plot jam packed with surprising twists unfolds that I will not reveal. I'll just say that this episode was unlike any I'd ever watched before. 

No comments: