Thursday, March 9, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 03-08-2023: Tim O'Reilly's Performance of "(The) Wild Rover" on YouTube, Ravioli Dinner, A Perfect Evening Hot Cocktail

1. Longtime friend, fellow KHS Class of 72er and IGA boxboy, and Irish enthusiast,Tim O'Reilly, just completed his production of a YouTube video/slideshow of the traditional Irish song "(The) Wild Rover". Tim asked me to help him out by snapping some exterior and interior pictures of The Inland Lounge. If you'd like to hear Tim perform and hear his arrangement of the song, see the slides he included, and see some photos of The Lounge, just click here

2. I heated a pot of water to boiling and dropped a package of mushroom ravioli in it. Then all I had to do was chop some kale, thinly slice a shallot, and mince a garlic clove. I cooked these ingredients and then browned chopped walnuts in melted butter. To this mix I added a half a cup of pasta water, a packet of creme de fraise, and a packet of concentrated vegetable stock. I drained the ravioli, poured the creamy vegetable sauce over it, sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the top, and Debbie and I enjoyed a simple and flavorful meal -- another HelloFresh meal. 

3. After watching Columbo figure out how a sex therapist made it look like someone else murdered her philandering lover, I wanted a drink to warm me up a little and wondered if Cointreau and hot water would taste good. Then I had a small inspiration: I bet some fresh squeezed lemon juice would enhance this drink. I was correct! It wasn't fancy, but this hot drink warmed me up and I felt a mild euphoria that elevated my already very good mood. 

No comments: