Sunday, June 20, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 06/20/2010: Cool Water(ing), West Side Funnies, Father's Day Memories

1. It's been blissfully cool and gray for most of the month of June. I've deeply appreciated not having to endure heat, not to mention the glare of sunshine. Nonetheless, it hasn't rained for a few days so I watered the lawns this morning.

2. I had a fun time exchanging Facebook comments with my cousins on the West side of the family.

3. The U.S. Open always concludes on Father's Day and always makes me think of all the fourth rounds I shared with my dad and all the phone calls we had about the U. S. Open after I moved to Oregon. I used to wait until the U.S. Open concluded, call Dad, wish him happy Father's Day, and then we'd talk about what each of enjoyed in the U. S. Open. Our dreams would have come true if Lee Trevino or Ray Floyd won it each year, but we always appreciated what a dignified winner Jack Nicklaus was.

No comments: