Saturday, January 26, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 01/25/13: Sweet Life Catch Up, Glad I Retired, MacRelaxation

1.  I had been without my computer for about six days while in Idaho and so I had some 3 BT catching up to do and I took a notebook and pen to Sweet Life and enjoyed a couple of toasted cinnamon raisin bagels and cream cheese and some dark roast coffee and got my memories jotted down of the great stuff that happened while I was away -- and a couple of days to follow.

2.  My friends in the English department are working out how to post a couple of jobs opening up and knowing they had a department meeting at 4:30 in the afternoon on a Friday made me happier than usual that I have retired from such work.  Even the brief conversation about it over coffee this afternoon fatigued me and I don't have anything to do with it all.  I also kept my mouth shut because I have no insight and no opinion about whatever it is my English faculty friends are working out.  I'm just happy not to be a part of it! (My friends are admirably restrained about discussing these matters when I'm present because they know that I retired, in part, to get away from such talk.  I'm very grateful for their restraint.)

3.  After some grocery shopping, I rang up the Deke to see about a possible stop together at Billy Mac's.  The Deke was into it and we had a hot shrimp and a hummus plate and relaxed.  Ideal.

No comments: