Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/31/12: Russell and Sonette, Rogue Pre-function, Awesome Slips


1.  Russell and Sonette and I had a splendid three hours or so together eating breakfast at Brails and then wandering around the U of Oregon taking pictures. 





2.  The Senior Warden, Mrs. Senior Warden, and I had a tasty meal together at the Rogue Public House.  While neither the Troxstar nor I particularly enjoyed our respective half pints of White Elephant saison, damn it, my Honey Orange Wheat and Irish Lager were satisfying and I really liked my French dip sandwich and potato chips.  

3.  I don't really have the right words: I loved every second of the Floydian Slips New Year's Eve concert at the McDonald Theater.  The music was pure, the playlist was scrumptious, and the scene was mirthful.  I sure enjoy Al Toribio playing those emotionally soaring David Gilmour solos and riffs.  Closing the night with his great solo to round out "Comfortably Numb" left me ecstatically pumped.

No comments: