Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 01/15/13: Loose/Lose, Nostalgia on LTD, Out with the Deke

1.  I try to make things fun in WR 115, since I don't regard learning how to write as needing to be a source of high anxiety nor do I think it's a gravely serious undertaking.  My two classes and I had a lot of laughs today, especially as we looked at the difference between "loose" and "lose" as I drew upon a tweet from Venus to Serena Williams in which she congratulated her sister for not "loosing" a match after rolling her ankle.  By the way, Venus Williams is not unique in making this mistake.  It's everywhere.  I see it everyday...whoops! I mean every day. (We looked at that difference, too.) 

2.  For the first time in a long time, I rode LTD's LCC/UO bus route this afternoon.  It meanders down Harris, turns left on 19th, and crawls down Hilyard and I enjoy it a lot...it's kind of slow route, but I enjoy the neighborhoods it goes through, neighborhoods where I've had a number of pleasant experiences.  I was surprised how much I enjoyed this ride today.

3.  The Deke and I went out again last night.  I could get used to this!  We met at Sixteen Tons and enjoyed some beer together.  Abi was pouring and I hadn't seen her for a while and I enjoyed talking a little.  Then we ate some food at Cornucopia where the place was packed so we sat at the bar and gabbed and kind of enjoyed observing all the bustle around us.

No comments: