Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 01/14/13: Gratitude for the Dentist, Festival Committee, Beef and Breeze at Billy Mac's

1.  I am indescribably grateful that the world of dentistry has become so painless.  I go in every three months for a cleaning and my hygienist is friendly, mindful, efficient, and adroit, never causing me pain or discomfort, and my dentist, likewise, goes about his work in a relaxed, measured way, never forcing anything, politely letting me know what's happening and never causing me pain.  I had a cleaning and a small bit of filling work done and it was all so painless and comfortable, I found myself looking for a tip jar.

2.  This spring a group of us will again give a festival of feature films and a couple of documentaries from Israel, Iran, Iraq, Palestine, and other Middle East countries.  We had a superb committee meeting today:  we decided quickly on films to show, got the logistics figured out in no time, and didn't fret over what order we should show them in.  We just decided.  It was the ideal meeting and it was fun to talk about the movies a bit, as well.

3.  I really like that prime rib French dip sandwich at Billy Mac's.  It tastes really good with a small Caesar salad.   I stopped in for sandwich and salad this evening and had a great time shooting the breeze with John and watching parts of a couple of basketball blow outs on the big screen. 

No comments: