Friday, January 25, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 01/20/13: No Meet the Press, Big Dinner, HarBowl

1.  I was very grateful that Mom turned off the television this morning before the Sunday morning news talk shows came and I didn't have to listen to all the predictable chatter.  It kept my visit home blissfully pretty much absent of talk about Newtown, NRA, the 2nd amendment, and Manti T'eo. Thanks everyone in Kellogg!  There's nothing left to say on these subjects!  People who talk about them are on endless repeat, no matter what their stand.  I'd rather talk about relish trays and shopping at Yokes and the Kellogg Wildcats.

2.  Wow!  What a great 2nd Christmas/my birthday/Christy's birthday/Mom's birthday dinner we had today.  I cooked the prime rib medium and it pleased everyone (well, except me...clears throat....I like pink beef...no problem, though...a small matter).  I got to know Kai better, enjoyed having Jason at the table, and, as always, enjoyed my nieces.  Even Zoe made a Skype appearance.

3.  I didn't get to see the games while prepping for dinner, gabbing with family, shopping at Yokes, and eating dinner, but I loved learning that the Harbaughs will face each other in the Super Bowl. 

1 comment:

Gathering Around the Table said...

Maybe next week the topic on Meet The Press should be relish trays,Hors d'oeuvre,and sweet sauce on meat. Mom would be all over that.