Friday, January 25, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 01/18/13: Sibling Outing, Wanda Retired, Navy Bean Soup

1.  Sibling Outing!  No spouses!  No kids!  No Mom!  Just Christy, Carol, and I.  I enjoyed corned beef hash at the Garnet Cafe in Coeur d'Alene.  Then it was off to Barnes and Noble, T. J. Maxx, Trader Joe's, and 2nd Look Books before we spent an hour or so of picture taking at Manito Park.  We did it all in the spirit of YOLO!

2.  Wanda retired from Avista.  I got to go to Dirty Ernie's and help her celebrate this big change in her life.  I saw old friends, enjoyed a 7 and 7 and got in some serious gabbing.  It was my favorite kind of experience in Kellogg.  Congratulations Wanda!

3.  I missed out on Mom's Christmas ham on Christmas Day, but not today.  Mom took the leftover ham and made a navy bean soup that was not only physically delicious, but brought back delicious memories of Sunday dinners I ate in my youth.

1 comment:

Gathering Around the Table said...

This day really included Three Beautiful Things times nine. I loved Friday and reading about the rest that you enjoyed.