Friday, February 19, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 02/19/10: May's Poem, Beth at 7-11,Good to See Hal Again

1. Kate and I ended our weekly poetry conversation by working our way through Jim Daniel's superb poem, "May's Poem" and Kate came to understand how the poem creates an alternate reality, something poems often do.

2. I went to 7-11 and I saw a woman out of the corner of my eye and I held the door open for her and it was my former student and Facebook friend Beth Oregon, who just arrived back in Eugene from Illinois. It was a staggering moment.

3. Before going to hear Richard Thompson tonight, I had dinner at Ambrosia with Hal and Margaret. How long had it been since I saw Hal? Let me think...I believe twenty-five years would be accurate and it was really fun getting caught up and getting reacquainted. Wow! And saw Linda again, too, after many years of not seeing her...I should get out more often!

No comments: