Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 07/01/13: Plodding in the Heat, Lo Mein Experiment, My Private Seminary

1.  I'm not one to enjoy temperatures in the mid-nineties, so I got some work done around the yard in the morning, but left a lot undone.  I'll keep plodding along.

2.  Lo Mein noodles, stir fried in sesame oil.  Green onion sauteed in sesame oil.  Red cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, and bok choy stir fried in walnut oil.  I mixed the fried stuff together.  Then I added cilantro, mixed it in.  I topped it with a chopped tomato. It was all an experiement and, for me, it worked.

3.  I hadn't paid much attention to Karen Armstrong for a long time and I listened to a twelve/fifteen minute interview she gave where she zeroed in on the Axial Age and the spiritual foundations that were developed during that time in Greece, Israel, India, and China.  I read some Tillich.  I listened to Frederick Buechner talk briefly about Tillich's reflections upon God as the Ground of Being.  My own private personal seminary is not as rigorous as an institutional seminary, but I do better with small helpings.

No comments: