Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 07/08/13: Mulch Mountain, Can I Make a Better Peanut Sauce?, Marmite/Melody's Son Improving

1.  I really like that dark garden mulch Rexius sells and a guy drove a Rexius truck into my driveway and dumped a small mountain of dark garden mulch and I worked a split shift late this morning and later on in the evening, putting a layer of mulch around the flowers in both the front and the back.  It was a good workout and very satisfying work. 

2.  I decided to try this Thai peanut sauce I saw at the store today and it's not spectacular, but it tasted pretty good over jasmine rice, tofu, red cabbage, mushrooms, and broccoli I stir fried for dinner.  I think I'd like to take a shot at making my own peanut sauce.  The sauce out of the bottle always has that sauce out of the bottle taste.  It's not dominant, but it's always present.

3.  Mel's son Sam was taken out of the NeuroIntensive Care Unit after over two weeks in critical condition.  Some might know Melody as Marmite Toasty.  Sam is far from recovered and the progress has been intermittent and slow, but this is a hopeful development.

No comments: