Sunday, July 7, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 07/06/13: New Plantings, Charly Digs New Plantings, Airport Success

1.  I put in hostas and impatiens in the shady spot and I transplanted the fuchsia from the front to the back.  I hope it survives my efforts.  I fertilized all my flowers, old and new.  I can get so much more done when the weather is not scorching.  It was a good day to get this planting and feeding done.  I'm ready to have a big load of mulch delivered so I can better protect the flowers from heat and provide some defense against the weeds.

2.  Luckily, after I cleaned up after working off and on in the yard all day, I looked out the window to see how  the new flowers were doing and discovered that Charly had dug up two of my new plantings.  Oh, boy...I got right outside and put them back in the ground.  This gives me yet another thing to keep an eye on when the dogs go out back.

3.  I'm glad our airport is small.  Russell and Anne didn't have much trouble finding me parked near the main entrance.  Like a knucklehead, I had forgotten my phone, so I couldn't tell them where I was, but it all worked out. 

2 comments:

Desert Diva said...

You are a whirling dervish in the garden this year.

Did you get a new dog? Charly? Do tell...

raymond pert said...

I sent you a Facebook message about Charly. It's a sign of my retirement and how much better I feel that I am doing all this gardening.