Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 07/02/13: Walking for Vegetables, Lying Low, Homer's No-No

1.  I had a refreshing walk to the Farmer's Market and to the Kiva and picked up some good looking vegetables.  I ran into MB and we talked for a few minutes about our favorite subject: social and economic divisions in our midst and in the USA.  I've been doing more reading and she was just at a wedding where these divisions were not even subtle.

2.  I decided to lie low for the afternoon and just try not to get overheated in any way.  I read some more Tillich and nursed Charly whose hips were bothering her.  The heat sure quiets the corgis.  We enjoyed each other's lethargic company.

3.  I had a bite to eat and a bit to drink at Billy Mac's and got to see the last two or three innings of Homer Bailey's efficient no-hitter against, oh God, my very own San Francisco Giants, the slumping San Francisco Giants. 

No comments: