Sunday, April 3, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 04/02/16: Laurel Corridor Marketplace, Working with Photographs, Greekish Dinner

1.  So that I could buy four 12 packs of Polar seltzer water at Weis market and a variety of beers at Total Wine, I drove up to the Laurel Corridor Marketplace and before I shopped I got absorbed again in David Simon's 1991 non-fiction book, Homicide, about the Baltimore Police Department's homicide division while enjoying a wild blueberry scone and a cup of dark roasted coffee at Panera.

2.  On my Tidal Basin and National Mall stroll on Friday, I took over 150 pictures.  Lately, I've been working at taking fewer pictures per photo session, but on Friday I tried out some new things, returned to some ways of taking pictures I hadn't done for a while (like candid shots of people), and discovered surprises, like the Floral Library.  Consequently, I spent quite a bit of time editing those pictures and decided what to post as albums on Facebook and what pictures to post on my tumblr blog.  It was fun to try to enhance pictures and it's always fun to hear back from people who like images I post.

3. I decided to spring a surprise on the Deke by making that Greeky dish I made last week while she was in New York. I roasted eggplant, cauliflower, bell pepper, and red potato pieces seasoned with salt and Greek seasoning and, in the meantime, heated up a can of diced tomatoes and garbanzo beans seasoned with fresh oregano. I mixed them up in the roasting pan and topped it with crumbled feta cheese and chopped Kalamata olives.  We poured this mixture over rice.  It worked.

No comments: