Sunday, January 29, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 01/28/17: Morning Pancake, IKEA Spree, Back to *Rumours*

1. I started my day with a cinnamon polenta pancake topped with a little butter and some maple syrup. 
I enjoyed its corn sweetness and how the grain made the pancake a little bit crunchy.

2.  I decided to add a few things to our kitchen supplies and made a trip to IKEA. Not too long ago, I didn't enjoy IKEA at all and that has changed. I had a great time browsing the knives, drinking glasses, storage containers, dish towels, salt and pepper shakers, space savers, and other kitchen equipment and then I accidentally wandered into the lamp section and bought a lamp for my side of the bed.  It was a relaxing time and our kitchen now is a little better equipped.

3.  We had a little and solvable problem with Amazon.com and I fired up the behemoth's online chat option and worked with a sweet rep named Kristen, and after she found a solution, I could resume listening to Amazon Music on my smartphone, so I went out to the kitchen and did some cleaning and chopping and putting away and warming up of leftovers while sipping on a seven ounce glass of Heavy Seas 21 and listening to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, an album I neglected for a long time and that I now enjoy more and more each time I listen to it as it turns forty years old this year.

 

No comments: