Thursday, February 2, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 02/01/17: Canisters, Kitchen Light, Harira for Dinner

1.  Four new canisters arrived at the front door and now they are filled with oatmeal, flour, sugar, and brown sugar. The kitchen reorganization continues apace.

2. The Deke bought a small LED lamp she keeps at her side when she's sitting on the couch, mostly to give her better light when she knits and reads. I took this lamp out to the kitchen and illuminated my cutting board while doing some soup prep chopping. I loved having the extra light and I think I'll be bringing that lamp out to the kitchen more often when the Deke's not using it.

3.  Lentils. Chickpeas. Onion. Ginger. Cumin. Tumeric. Cloves. Tomatoes. Vegetable stock I made a couple weeks ago. Kale. Parsley. Cilantro. Lemon. A couple of beaten eggs. Let this combination of ingredients simmer in a pot and soon you can fill bowls with steaming Harira from Morocco. I ate mine with a spoonful of yogurt and put more cilantro on top.  The recipe is here.

No comments: