Thursday, February 23, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 02/22/17: Found the Trail, Salad Bar, Deer in Bethesda

1.  Okay. I knew there had to be trails leading into Little Falls Park and after closer examination of a map on Google, I figured it out and drove back to Bethesda, parked in the Shops at Sumner parking lot, and walked about five miles on the Capital Crest Trail, turned around at the Bethesda outdoor pool, and headed back to the car. We are having April in February here in Maryland and D. C. with temperatures in the sixties under sunny or only partly cloudy skies so the conditions were perfect for racking up 13,000 steps over the course of the day.

2. I hard-cooked some eggs, fried some bacon, set out salad leaves, chopped red pepper and red onion along with crumbled feta cheese and Kamalata olives and set out slices of French baguette with Shropshire blue cheese and the Deke and I each made our own salads and enjoyed the cheese and bread.

3. Look.  I know I'm no Marlin Perkins when it comes to my occasional encounters with the wild kingdom, but, while walking through Little Falls Park on the Capital Crest Trail, I took these pictures:




No comments: