Monday, December 11, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 12/10/17: Get Togethers at Radio Brewing, Sunday at the Lounge, David Cassidy at the Lounge

1. I sat down to look at and edit some pictures I snapped before the remodel project started, but I never got to them. Ed called from Radio Brewing and told me Stu and a gang of family and friends he went Christmas tree hunting with were all at Radio. At first, I thought I'd stay put, but then the Deke and I decided to go up and we had a blast talking with Ed and Scott and Laurie and the rest of the people there.

2. To the Deke's surprise, knitters showed up at Radio Brewing. The Deke thought that after their outing to CdA yesterday that the Sunday afternoon knitting get together might not happen. But it did. While the Deke knit, I strolled through uptown Kellogg and made my way to the Inland Lounge. Cas opens it on Sunday during football season and the Seahawks were playing (getting beat) and I sat down, ordered a cocktail, and shot the breeze with Cas, Howard (this was his first visit to the Lounge), Bird Legs and Gloria, Eddie Jo, John, and, later on, Charlie. I heard a lot of good stories and Bird Legs gave me some inside scoop about the Wildcat's coaching staff's disappointment after the team's loss to Shadle Park Friday night.

3. Later on, the Deke sauntered into the Lounge and the Zags' game came on the bank of televisions in the Lounge. I took a quick trip back to the house and secured the framed picture of David Cassidy that the Deke and I purchased for Cas, replete with kind words and best wishes that the Deke scrawled on it. We presented our gift to Cas and he was speechless. He studied the picture, admired it, and, before long, took it back to his office. He has some thinking to do about just where this picture will hang in the future. We were happy that Cas noticed that the paneling that David Cassidy's portrait was taken in front of matches the paneling in the Inland Lounge. The picture looks like it could have been taken in the Lounge itself! I think we'll always believe it was!

The Deke and I lingered for a while. We split a plate of food from Wah Hing next door and kept a casual eye on the Zags as they waxed the Washington Huskies, 97-70.

No comments: