Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 03-01-2021: Sominex Brunch, Crumbl and Tea, Solid Ducks' (m) Win

1.  I made home fried potatoes late this morning by boiling some some small Yukon golds, letting them cool, frying half an onion, chopped, with a clove of chopped garlic, and chopping the potatoes and adding them to the pan. I removed the potatoes and onions, fried two eggs, put it all together in a bowl and it was a simple and, as it turns out, relaxing brunch. I finished it and fell asleep for nearly an hour.

2. Christy made a trip to CdA today and met up with Teresa who bought her a belated birthday gift: a four pack of Crumbl cookies. She had two left and let me choose one of them. I selected a sugar cookie with chocolate (or was it fudge?) frosting. I brought it home, fixed a cup of Taylors Scottish Breakfast Tea, and slowly enjoyed, without a doubt, the best cookie I can remember ever eating. 

3. Once again, this evening, the three seniors, Chris Duarte, Eugene Omoruyi, and LJ Figueroa spearheaded the Oregon Ducks' basketball team, carrying them to victory, 80-69. I am a little bit obsessed with wanting to see Oregon guard Will Richardson regain his confidence and full excellence now that he's rejoined the Ducks after having thumb surgery. Tonight he buried three shots from beyond the arc, made a gorgeous spinning move to the basket, scored, and drew a foul, and dished out five assists. He finished with 12 points and, to my eyes, played his best game this winter. I hope his improvement continues. I think if the three seniors and Will Richardson are all playing about as well as they can, the Ducks will be very difficult to beat as they finish the regular season and move into the conference and national tournaments. 

No comments: