Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 03-09-2021: Luna Needs Vet Care, Writing for Val, Roundball and Live Music ($495.00 to Go)

 1.  I appreciated the detailed care Dr. Cook gave Luna today. I dropped her off early this morning. I'd concluding from observing her in the litter box during her very frequent trips over the last couple of days that she has some kind of infection and I was right. I'll be treating her at home with antibiotics. Her glucose numbers have also increased significantly over the last month and I have agreed to treat Luna with insulin. When I brought Luna home, for the first couple of hours or so she was very restless, but by around six o'clock, she settled down, attached herself to me, purred, relaxed, and slept at my side all through the night. She was not making frequent litter box visits in the evening or through the night. I'm taking that as a good sign.

2.  Val asked me to write her a letter of recommendation to the history graduate program she's applying to enter and the most fun part of composing the letter was helping Val pursue the furtherance of her education. Equally fun, though, was remembering how much I enjoyed Val as a student in the spring of 1983, how willing she was to challenge things I said and to work so well with her fellow students. The course was an undergraduate seminar. It had a small enrollment. Members of the class got along really well and Val contributed much goodwill and many good questions and insights to our proceedings. I really enjoyed having the best features of that course come back to life again.

3.  My attention was divided at 7:00 this evening between keeping an eye on the second half of Gonzaga's come from behind win over BYU to win the WCC Conference Tournament Championship, with the television muted, and watching and listening to Bill Davie perform his latest Tree House Concert. Luna must have enjoyed the concert. She attached herself to my chest for all of it, no doubt relieved to be home from the vet and back where things are more familiar. Bill was having a woozy night. This happens some times because his MS flares up. He powered through his physical difficulties with grace and gratitude, thanking us all for being there to listen to him, to make appreciative comments, and help keep his spirit strong. 

* With today and tomorrow left, the effort to raise funds for Ken Lilyblad's memorial is just $495.00 short of the $4000 goal. If you'd like to help Ken's family reach this goal, here's where to go: https://gofund.me/540b3f06


No comments: