Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 03/22/2021: Sube in the Shop, Young Shin's Ramyun, Ducks Defeat South Dakota

1.  I needed to have a Sube problem, indicated by the check engine light, taken care of in Coeur d' Alene. So, this morning,  I vaulted into the Sube, blasted off, but eased off the rockets a bit going over the slushy 4th of July Pass, and arrived on time for my appointment. I brought a crossword puzzle book and it kept me occupied for the two and a half hours or so I waited for the job to get finished. The problem was just what I'd been told it was when I had a scan performed at Silver Valley Tire. As I paid my bill, I had a very good conversation with Ryan about the future of the Sube. I have known for quite a while that a major maintenance job is due soon - so we talked about that - but we also talked about how impressed the mechanic was with what good shape the Sube is in after 17 years. I was happy to hear that -- I've been conscientious with the maintenance and upkeep of the Sube. That attention has worked. 

2.  Just for old time's sake, I filled the Sube with gas at Costco. It didn't need much.  I then reversed field and drove out to the Prairie Pavillion. I'd read a lot about it, but never been there.  Prairie Pavillion is a collection of food trucks. Not all of them were open, but I was happy to see that Young Shin's Korean food truck was. I ordered a bowl of Ramyun, spicy, not mild, with beef. I took the container back to the Sube and loved eating the Ramen noodles, egg, vegetables, and cheese and drinking the spicy, rich broth from the container.  The Ramyun warmed my body and eating Korean food for the first time in quite a while also lifted up my spirit. 

3.  Because my television service doesn't offer the Pac-12 Network, I've hardly seen Ducks play this season. I missed the men's game with Iowa this morning because I was at the auto shop, but I got to watch the women play this evening against South Dakota. The few times I've seen the women play, they have seemed unsure of themselves, fragmented. I think that's had to do with injuries, Covid pauses, and with the team being so unfamiliar with one another.  Tonight, the Ducks played suffocating defense. Erin Boley played superbly, scoring 22 points, and the Ducks defeated South Dakota, 67-47. 

No comments: