Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 03/16/2021: Roaring Over the Pass, Haircut, Daft Badger Visit

1.  It's good to know that if I fire up the Sube and point it toward Coeur d'Alene that, despite all its inactivity over the last year, it can roar over the 4th of July Pass.

The Sube has a problem, though, that I can't really explain well, and I drove over to the auto repair shop to talk it over with Ryan and schedule an appointment to get the problem taken care of. Ryan used to be the service manager at Reliable Auto and I visited him several times there with questions. I liked dealing with him. Reliable closed in 2020 and recommended that customers follow Ryan to Lakeside Automotive.

So I did.

I go back on Monday morning and hope to get the problem solved and the check engine light off.

2. I could probably go back in this blog and check, but, as I write this, I can't remember the last time I sat down for a haircut. I dropped in at Supercuts today and, after a short wait, put my locks under the care of Jessica and left feeling grateful that my hair will not, for the foreseeable future, fall into my eyes at night, tickle me, and wake me up. That feels really good.

3. After gassing up at Costco, I decided to have lunch at Daft Badger. I've been impressed with the measures proprietor Darrell Dlouhy and his staff have been taking for their customers during the pandemic. I sat at an outdoor table, near a heater, and ordered a pint of fresh hop Ekuanot IPA. I won't go so far as to call it an ecstatic experience, but I sure enjoyed drinking a fresh pint of beer drawn from a keg. I also enjoyed the Reuben sandwich and garbanzo bean salad I ate for lunch. I thought the homemade Russian dressing on the sandwich made it particularly delicious. 







No comments: