Saturday, March 13, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 03-12-2021: New Tires, Ethiopian Longberry Coffee, Drama and Disappointment

1. Down at Silver Valley Tires, the guys removed my barely used this winter snow tires and replaced them with a brand new set of all-season treads. Big surprise awaited me at the tire shop! Ed was there. We yakked for a while in the shop and when his car was ready, he gave me a lift home so we could yak some more.

2. Earlier this week, Val emailed me and asked if I'd like some of hers and Mike's surplus Ethiopian Longberry coffee. You bet I did! I've never tried this kind of coffee before and so Mike ground me up some beans and the packet arrived today. I immediately brewed myself a 12 oz cup and I really enjoyed its floral quality and the way a slight hint of blueberry stayed on my tongue after I'd finished the cup. This cup of coffee has me thinking over my choice of coffee beans. For several years, I've been buying dark roast coffee beans, but this Ethiopian Longberry is a light roast. I like the chocolate-y, even caramel-y, sometimes smokey, flavors of the dark roast, but today made me think that I'm missing out on some pretty interesting flavors by not drinking lighter roasts. I see fun times with coffee ahead!

3. It was a thrilling day in college basketball. Of the games I watched, I especially enjoyed Creighton's win over UConn and the dramatic struggle between Baylor and OSU, with the up and coming OK State capturing the victory. I also experienced disappointment. I listened to the Ducks and the Beavers on the Oregon Sports Network and, to my ear, it sounded like the Ducks were flat tonight, in contrast to the Beavers who, to my ear, sounded energized and active. The Beavers beat the Ducks by eleven -- handily I'd say. It's tough to figure. 

No comments: