Friday, March 26, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 03/25/2021: Good News for Luna, Christy Delivers Italian Bread, Chicken Tenders

1. First thing this morning, I drove Luna to see Dr. Cook who wanted to get a reading of the glucose in her blood after two days of no insulin. The result was awesome. Dr. Cook called me into an examination room. He was almost giddy as he explained that Luna has gone into diabetic remission and doesn't have to have insulin as long as her condition remains stable.  Luna has some dental problems that need attention. Dr. Cook has been delaying doing this, but with Luna's urinary tract infection cleared up and her glucose levels so good, she can have this dental work done on April 20th. Before sedating Luna and going to work on her teeth, Dr. Cook will get a glucose reading and if it's up again, I will have her insulin on hand in case she needs a dose. 

I know it might be a rough time for Luna in the couple or three days after the dental work, but I'll be very happy that she will be a much healthier cat after this work is done -- and, if I dare write these words, both cats will have had all the medical attention they need for a while -- a great relief to me. I want Luna and Copper to be as healthy as possible.

2. In the middle of the afternoon I was working a crossword puzzle and I saw Christy walking in front of my picture window. 

She had a loaf of bread in hand!

It's a gorgeous oval shaped loaf of freshly baked bread from Blackboard Marketplace in Wallace. 

Christy and I hoped it fulfilled Carol's request that we bring Italian bread to dinner on Sunday. Christy found an article on line spelling out differences between French bread and Italian bread. Upon reading it, I texted Christy a proclamation that I believe it's an Italian loaf, but also said that we'll find out for sure on Sunday. Carol will have the final say: she has first-hand knowledge of Italian bread because she's been to Italy. 🙏🙏🙏

3. It's been years since I've purchased a package of chicken tenders. There was a time, when we lived in Eugene, that I used to quite regularly pick up a bag of tenders at Trader Joe's. Today, while at Yoke's, I decided to buy some. Later on, I cooked them in the cast iron pan with a combination of sesame and olive oil and I made a batch of rice. I had a very simple meal of chicken and rice, made more flavorful with a combination of Teriyaki sauce and Bragg Liquid Amino.  I had some tenders left over and I definitely see a chicken curry bowl in my immediate future. 

No comments: