Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 03-15-2021: The Vet Was Right, Next Step for Luna, Brackets Will Wait

1.  It's kind of a reach, but, still, it's what happened today. When the vet, Dr. Cook, called me (unexpectedly) today, he had good news: the analysis of Luna's urine came back and Dr. Cook's educated guess last Tuesday as to which antibiotic would work best to knock out her UTI was correct. It reminded me of when, in November of 1999, I arrived at Sacred Heart's Emergency Room. I was critically ill (turned out it was bacterial meningitis) and a doctor made an educated guess as to which antibiotic to start me on before the results of the spinal tap came back. He guessed right and it saved my life. I got better, eventually. Luna is doing much better, too, and has been for several days.

2. Dr. Cook also outlined the next step for keeping tabs on Luna's diabetes. I'll take her in first thing in the morning next Tuesday, about 12 hours after her previous insulin shot. Rather than Luna being at the vet's all day, being checked every two hours, Dr. Cook will get a reading and see how her blood looks since the previous evening's shot. We'll go from there -- is the current dosage right on? Does it need to change? Is it time to begin to change Luna's diet? 

We'll see.

3.  Bracket Commissioner Doug sent out an email today reminding us that, in our pool, we are not picking the play-in games, so I won't be filling out my bracket until after those games are completed, on Thursday evening. I can get started on other picks, but, until that email came, my plan had been to get the job done today. 

No such luck! 

No comments: