Sunday, August 6, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 08-05-2023: Delicious Cold Flatbread, Yakkin' with Ginger at The Lounge, Molly Zoe Brian at The Lounge

1. Thursday evening I fixed two Brussels sprouts hot, sweet, and cheesy flatbreads. I ate one and put the other in the icebox. I had planned to eat the second one on Friday, but ate dinner at the Red Tail Bar and Grill instead. At lunchtime today, I took out the flatbread and, because I really like cold pizza, I decided to eat this pizza-like flatbread cold and am I ever happy I did. It was awesome and I still had a bowl of the delicious green salad I made the other day left over. Great lunch.

2. Around 5:00, I drifted on up to the Inland Lounge, ordered myself an ice cold mountain fresh Rainier beer and had a great visit with Ginger about how her fantasy baseball team is crushing mine in our head to head match this week. Our match still has another day to go, but I waved the white flag today and bought Ginger a congratulatory White Claw and then we talked about live music shows we have seen and lamented ones we have missed. Mainly, I lamented that I wished I could go to Bozeman this coming Wednesday and hear Mountain Grass Unit, a trio of bluegrass players from Birmingham who are students at the Berklee College of Music in Boston. Jeff played some of their music on Deadish several weeks ago and I thought right away how much fun it would be to hear them in person.

3. Before long, Brian E. walked into The Lounge. Then Molly and Zoe. The four of us grabbed a table and spent the next couple of hours or so talking about Sapphire's unicorn birthday party, Molly and Brian's great time at the Foo Fighters' concert in Spokane, this and that about the All-Class Reunion, and a bunch of other stuff. At one point, Molly and Brian's friend, Troy, joined us. More talk, more stories, and then food -- an order from Wah Hing. 

I'd never socialized with Zoe and Molly outside of family functions and it was fun to do so tonight, especially at The Lounge, a central part of my life living in Kellogg and a place where Brian and Molly enjoy hanging out, too. (I wasn't sure if Zoe had been to The Lounge before -- that question never came up.)  

As we ate and drank some beers and yakked away, Dick, Renae, Bucky, and Debbie strolled in. They'd just had dinner at City Limits. Dick came over and greeted us all with a ton of good cheer. He ambled up to the bar and was yakkin' with Cas and I got up and joined them and then had a fun chat with Bucky and Debbie about the upcoming Zags' basketball season.

I was home by 8:00. Gibbs, Copper, and Luna were all at peace -- no protests while I was gone -- and I settled into a quiet end of the evening, got the animals all situated in their nighttime spots, and hit the hay, feeling content after having a peak experience at The Lounge.   

No comments: