Saturday, August 26, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 08-25-2023: New Cookware Coming, The Vibe at The Lounge, Black Bean Tacos and Unhurried Blues

1. When we bought our heating/cooling system through Costco, that purchase included some rebates and today I used some of that rebate money to purchase a stainless steel cookware set and some new knives. It'll be fun to have more that just our cast iron pan to cook with and to have pots and pans of various sizes. Likewise, a variety of knives should be fun. 

2. I returned home from going with Ed to deliver a Garrenteed BBQ order to a customer near Cataldo. Debbie went to Pinehurst Elementary School to size up how her preparations for the upcoming school year look. When she finished, she swung by the house and we jetted up to The Lounge and spent about an hour or so yakkin' with the former Pinehurst Elementary principal, having some solid yak time with Cas, and discussing a few things between ourselves. 

If I've never written this before, I'll be sure to say it now: it's awesome having a place to go for a beer or two and some great yakkin' at a joint where most of the other people at the bar and at tables are about our age. 

I've a lot in this blog about enjoying youngsters and when youngsters I know come into The Lounge, I enjoy them a lot. 

But, the general vibe at The Lounge, especially in the late afternoon and early evening, is the special vibe created by people, oh, let's say 50-55 years old and older, and I sure enjoy that vibe.

3. Back home, I took out our week's last HelloFresh bag and fixed black bean tacos, seasoned with HelloFresh's always reliable southwest spice blend and southwest paste. I went beyond the bag a bit by adding chopped cabbage and lime cilantro sauce to our tacos and was very happy with that result.

After listening to The Travelin' Wilburys while I cooked, Debbie and I sat in the living room and listened to a variety of excellent songs from the 1970s. Then I put on a playlist of J. J. Cale songs and his music put me in the mood for some Chris Smither. I loved winding down this evening to J.J. Cale's and Chris Smither's slower blues rhythms and their superb songwriting. 

No comments: