Thursday, August 24, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 08-23-2023: Change in Transplant Status, I'll Officiate the Wedding, A Good Evening Walk

1. Transplant nurse Tara called me from Providence Sacred Heart with the news that the results of the testing I had done from February-May were all in and I am still fit for a transplant. Tara told me she was going to change my status from inactive to active and I agreed to that change. I have over eight years on the transplant list, so this means I could be offered an organ sooner than later. 

I spent much of the day contemplating this change in status, letting my mind race for a while, and doing my best to accept the fact that I could receive a call any day offering me an organ.

2. This afternoon, I answered a rap on the door and it was Cosette and Taylor. They asked me to officiate their wedding and I agreed. Details regarding the date and the structure of their ceremony will be forthcoming.

3. With the smoke and the heat and with having pulled leg muscles when I fell a couple or three weeks ago, I haven't had many good walks over the last few weeks. 

I got one in this evening, though. I walked on Riverside until it merges with Mission and ends at Cameron. I sauntered to the four way stop, walked through the Shoshone Medical Center parking lot, climbed the stairs to "The Trail" and walked down "The Trail" back to Riverside/Mission and retraced my steps back home.

The cool air felt awesome, my legs appreciated the exercise, and I arrived home feeling better than I have in weeks.

I'm sure looking forward to less summer heat and I hope, if things are in fact cooling down a bit, that I might also get back to riding my bicycle.  

No comments: