Monday, August 28, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 08-27-2023: Small Kitchen Project, I Further Educate Myself, Debbie Fixes a Sausage Dinner

1. We have a small kitchen with limited cupboard/storage space. This means two things, basically: first, we don't bring much new into our kitchen and, second, we see the space in the basement at the bottom of the stairs as an extension of our kitchen.

Today was one of those days when we started clearing a few things out of the kitchen in anticipation of our new cookware and knives coming toward the end of the week. We opened up some drawer space, a little bit of counter space, and we'll have some items to donate. 

It's a good little project.

2. With the kitchen foremost on my mind today, I read up on flavor possibilities, learned more about knife care, and made some decisions about future meals -- which meant making a shopping list to guide my food shopping on Monday. I'll be leaning on food preparation I'm used to and trying out some ideas that are new to me, starting with the cornbread I'm taking to family dinner on Monday evening.

3. Debbie fixed a simple and tasty meal tonight. First, she made a delicious bean salad. She also boiled baby Yukon potatoes and mashed them, adding sour cream and a little heat with leftover red pepper crema from our HelloFresh taco dinner.  These two items perfectly complimented the Cajun sausage she chopped and fried. 

No comments: