Friday, August 11, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 08-10-2023: Good Recovery, Carol and Paul Perform in the Park, Debbie Goes to NYC

1. I really figured, given how hobbled I was on Wednesday, after falling, that today would be another day of limited mobility. But, no! Evidently, sleep and rest and some time for my leg to recover from the shock of the insult it suffered helped it come around and I moved around the house pretty well today.

It seemed like the fall also fatigued me -- again, I think it was a shock to my system. To Copper's delight, I spent a few hours on the bed, much of it asleep, and Copper got to spend a good chunk of time right where he wants to be.

2. It was a little bit uncomfortable getting in and out of the car, but I managed and I went to the Kellogg City Park and listened to Carol, Paul, and Friends perform as part of the Thursday evening Music in the Park series. They were doing hits from the seventies when I arrived and then transitioned into gospel music. I was concerned that if I took a chair, I might have trouble getting out of it. So I found a good spot to lean against the fence that surrounds the swimming pool. 

Carol, Paul, and their friends had a great time performing and their sense of fun and enjoyment was contagious -- especially during the seventies part of their show, audience members clapped, sang along, and laughed. They were having a great time.

I left a bit early. I needed to make a quick stop at Yoke's and get home and fix dinner.

3. I get things mixed up, so I hope I have the date correct. If I do, today promised to be a most stimulating day for Debbie. She and Josh went into Manhattan and visited the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) and then went to Theater at St. Clement's, a combination theater and Episcopal church, to see an Off-Broadway show. John Rubinstein was playing Dwight D. Eisenhower in a one man play entitled, Eisenhower: This Piece of Ground

Sounds like a perfect day to me. 

I'm eager to learn more from Debbie about her day in New York City. 

No comments: