Sunday, August 13, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 08-12-2023: Debbie Will See Another Show, My Leg Seems Recovered, Family Dinner Preparations

1. Josh enters lotteries for less expensive New York City theater tickets. He scored two tickets for the August 13th matinee showing of the Tony Award winning musical, Kimberly Akimbo. Debbie and Adrienne will see it together. 

Debbie's trip to NY has, in her words, "been fantastic in about five different ways." In other words, much more great stuff has happened than she expected. 

Tuesday she'll board a train and head to Molly and Hiram's house in Woodbridge, Virginia.

2. I woke up today thinking the leg I injured when I fell was feeling a lot better. 

And I was right.

I made several painless trips up and down the basement stairs.

Once the sun went down, I went for short walk, just to see how it would feel, and my stroll to the four-way stop at Cameron and Bunker and on home again was also painless. 

3. I'm hosting family dinner on Monday. I started preparing for it today and will do a lot more on Sunday and Monday. (I'm not revealing the dinner I have in mind!) For me, hosting family dinner without Debbie around is a sizable task and I don't want to try to do all the preparation on Monday. By spreading the preparation out, I can enjoy our dinner together more. 

No comments: