Sunday, March 17, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 03-16-2024: Hooked on Exercising Indoors, Preparing for Sunday's Family Dinner, Chicken with California Rub

1. Warming temperatures, blue sky and still I exercised indoors at the Fitness Center this morning. It went well, although, I admit, I would have worked out longer if I'd arrived earlier and if the facility didn't close at noon. But, I burned a decent number of calories on the cardio machines and got in some fairly good work on a couple of resistance machines.

2. I'm responsible for food and drink preparations for our family dinner on St. Patrick's Day. I don't care to reveal what I'm going to fix (not corned beef and cabbage, by the way), but after a trip to Yoke's and the liquor store today, I have the food and drink I need fix our meal.

3. Today I used the California rub Christy gave me to cook with a while back and baked a packet of party chicken wings with boiled potatoes and steamed broccoli. What were the ingredients of this California rub? Strawberries. Lemon peel. Cilantro. Thyme. Turned out to be a delicious seasoning for tonight's chicken.  

No comments: