Sunday, March 24, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 03-23-2024: Tires Switched, Happy Birthday Tona!, Yakkin' at The Lounge

 1. It's kind of a crazy thing to feel so elated about, but here I am. 

At about 7:15 this morning, I drove the Sube down the street to Silver Valley Tire. All our spring/summer/fall tires were in the back of the Sube. 

I walked home, revved up the Camry, and blasted it to Silver Valley Tire.

Two hours or so later, the tire changers completed their job. I brought both cars home. I loaded the winter tires into the garage.

Our cars are outfitted for the spring, summer, and fall until the snow and ice returns later in the year. 

And I'm elated. 

2. Ed swooped by, picked me up, and we attended Tona's surprise 70th birthday party at the Elks. 

It was awesome. 

The turnout was superb. Tona beamed as one person after another embraced her, wished her a Happy Birthday, and yakked with her for a while. 

3. As the party drew to an end, Ed and I strolled across the street to The Lounge and enjoyed a couple beers. Before long, Debbie joined us and we yakked about toasted cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, homemade bread, and asphalt, among other things. Ed had to take off and Debbie and I switched gears and began putting ideas and possibilities on the table for what the rest of 2024 might look like -- always wondering, is there a kidney transplant in our near future? 

No comments: