Friday, March 29, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 03-28-2024: Rained Out, A Shining North Dakota Light, Fantasy Ups and Downs

1. I was all ready this afternoon to return to the Shoshone Medical Center Wellness Trail. I wanted to see how I'd do hiking it after exercising for the last few months on indoor machines. 

As I got ready to go, it started to rain. 

So, I got out my resistance band and worked out lightly at home instead.

2.  I was listening to the Clemson/Arizona game on the radio when Debbie arrived back home after several hours working in her classroom. She said she'd like to have basketball playing on the television. I'm not absolutely sure why, but it took about fifteen minutes for the Vizio and our internet service to connect with each other, but eventually they did. 

The Arizona game had completed by then, but I enjoyed watching Alabama and North Carolina race up and down the court. Alabama raced just a bit better than the Tar Heels and scored an 89-87 victory. It was fun, and, for me, unexpected, to see Grant Nelson, a kid who transferred to Alabama all the way from North Dakota State turn out to be Alabama's key player as he scored big buckets from outside and inside and played some stellar defense, especially late in the game. 

3. This is true every day of the baseball season: I thoroughly enjoy starting out every morning, even before I take on the Wordle, Quordle, and Waffle puzzles, by setting my fantasy baseball lineups and then checking in, throughout the day, to ride the roller coaster of the successes and failures of my teams. My primary goal is not to embarrass myself and I got off to a good start today in our head to head league, but my rotisserie team plunged into the dungeon of 7th place out of 8 teams.  Friday will be a new day, though, and maybe my rotisserie team will perform better and move up in the standings. 

Much of the fun of being in these leagues grows out of the unknown and experiencing day to day elation and bitter disappointments. 

No comments: