Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 03-05-2024: Overcoming Agitation, My World Looked Better, Simple Chicken Dinner -- As Requested

1. I arrived at the rehab gym this morning in a mildly agitated state. I'd forgotten to take my daily medicine. The drive to CdA was not icy or snowy, but messy -- lots of water, other vehicles (through no fault of their own) throwing gunk on the Sube's windshield. There were no parking spaces on the north side of Ironwood Drive at the Kootenai Medical Center. I was running a bit late anyway because I'd fallen asleep in a chair before I left Kellogg. As I thought it might be, my blood pressure was quite a bit higher than usual during my check in.

My hope was to find some calm working out on the aerobic machines and working with hand weights.

I did. 

Santana's Abraxas helped. 

So did pumping my legs and arms and striding on the treadmill.

I ended my time in the gym with a good talk with staff person Claudia about increasing my carbohydrate consumption in the morning before working out. I've focused on protein, but we agreed that I need more of the kind of fuel carbs provide before exercising. 

I can do that. 

2.  By the time I drove home, I-90, especially the 4th of July Pass, had dried out significantly. 

I arrived home in a much calmer condition. 

My blood pressure was much lower. 

I checked the oil and windshield wiper fluid in the Sube -- things were in good shape. 

We needed a few things at Yoke's and as I strolled the aisles, I was all but free of agitation.

My insignificant little world looked much better. 

3. I baked chicken thighs and legs for dinner. I steamed broccoli. I fried a mess of baby Yukon golds with white onion and mushroom slices. 

Last night, Debbie asked me to fix a simple chicken dinner for today and I did just what she asked. 

I kept it simple. 

She told me dinner was perfect. 

Now my earlier agitation was completely defeated! 


No comments: