Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 03-26-2024: Early Morning in CdA, Recovery, Simple Spaghetti Dinner

1. Debbie and I bolted out the door soon after 6 a.m. to soar to Kootenai Health in CdA so Debbie could have a routine medical procedure done. While Debbie was going through the procedure, I went to the hospital's coffee shop and enjoyed a chocolate chip croissant and a cafe au lait, both rare treats. 

Then I experienced another rare treat! Debbie rarely wants to eat breakfast out, but, as we left the hospital parking lot, she surprised me by saying she wanted to do just that. 

We went to the Breakfast Nook and not only had breakfast, but we came home with a container of left over hash browns that Debbie plans to transform into potato pancakes. 

2. Back home, we were both bushed. Getting up at 4:30 a.m. knocked me out of my usual routine and Debbie needed to recover from her medical visit. We both took naps and lounged around the house, resting up, not asking much of ourselves.

3. I broke open a HelloFresh bag and made a simple Sun Dried Tomato Spaghetti dish that basically involved little more than cooking the pasta and making a simple sauce with sun dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, and a few other simple ingredients. 

We were definitely grateful that preparing this dinner was so simple and I found eating spaghetti comforting. 

I look forward to having a bit more zip on Wednesday! 

No comments: