Sunday, February 22, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 02/21/15: Bagel Blow-Out, Arriving at Adrienne's, Ahead of the Snow

1.  I woke up in Metuchen to a generous Ted bagel blow-out.  He loves to buy guests bagels from a hole-in-the-wall joint downtown and gets anything his guests order.  I'll just say that I had a sesame bagel untoasted with sliced lox and a cinnamon raisin bagel toasted and a side of cream cheese.  The sesame bagel was my meal and the raisin cinnamon was my dessert.  Ted and Sally served us Peet's coffee, a perfect way to round out a great morning of conversation and bagels.

2.  The Deke and I hit the road around 11:30 and made out way up the Garden State Parkway to New York and then a short distance into New York to the village of Nyack where Adrienne and Jack live.  To Jack, I am Bop and it took Jack a little while to warm up to me.  Maybe I wouldn't look so scary if I had gotten a haircut .  But, Jack came out of his shy shell and before long I had a new friend and learned all about different toys and bots, wonderful playthings beyond anything I could have ever imagined when I was four years old.

3.  As the day wandered into the late afternoon, snow began to fall and I got curious about what was happening back in Maryland and so I started to read dispatches from around D.C. and the Capital Beltway of the worst possible driving conditions and combinations of snow and ice falling from the apocalyptic skies.  It should clear up by Monday when the Deke and I will return.  I'm grateful that our travels, so far, have been clear and easy and hope that the same will be true for Monday.  

No comments: